Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jennifer K Bussell has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 21
BEFORE examining me and giving her opinion of 'what is going on,' Dr. Bussell LISTENS to my story, about what I THINK is 'going on.' Clinically, she is very good and before you leave the office, she makes sure that I know a plan, the plan going ahead. She is always adjusting her plan according to my individualized care needs, and I find her a good resource. Dr Bussell gets an A+ in my book; I'm a nurse and I've seen some really good and some not so desirous docs in my time. She is one of the best!
She is very friendly with great bedside manners. She listens well so that she can give an accurate diagnosis. She follows up as soon as answers are found and her staff also follows up. She is concerned about your well being, asks you for updates about previous visits with her and offers alternatives if needed all in the same visit. People have to remember that doctors are not mind readers. You have to be prepared to express yourself. Write down your questions and concerns so you do not forget to ask them. This will enhance your visit tenfold.
23 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Jennifer K Bussell accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthwestern Medicine Grayslake Internal Medicine, 1475 E Belvidere Rd Ste 214, Grayslake, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jennifer K Bussell in this video.
Dr. Jennifer K Bussell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grayslake, IL.