Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jennifer L Cultrera has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Blood Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
She is great at explaining everything without making you feel like an idiot or wondering what she is talking about. At our 1st appointment she laid out her plan for short term and if necessary, longer term therapy plus all the tests she was going to do to get more information and why these are important, about my cancer. Knowledge is power - and she seems to fully appreciate this and not only explains but provides web sites for additional information. Have never felt rushed or insignificant with her, even when she is crushed with patients.
She stands out as a real person that truely cares about your concerns and making sure to provide the best possible care. She listens, explains the situation and the proposed treatment clearly. She is a very busy person but it doesn't prevent us from stopping by during chemo treatment to see if all is well. She is an exceptional oncologist I fully trust.
This doctor argues and gets nasty with cancer patients. Makes patients feel like they are of least importance. I can not and do not recommend this doctor for cancer treatment. It is so sad because cancer patients need doctors that really care and put the cancer patient first and foremost instead of fighting with them. NOT recommended.
May be all her satisfied patients say she is.I do know follow-up and coordination in regards to cases is poor which leaves patients and loved ones with much doubt.Little promptness or regard for patients time is shown--which again leaves a confidence void with many.clinical nursing is also lacking at this institution, imho.
15 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. Jennifer L Cultrera accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Cancer Specialists And Research Institute Villages North, 1400 N US Highway 441 Ste 924, Lady Lake, FL
Dr. Jennifer L Cultrera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lady Lake, FL.