Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jennifer D Jacobs has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
First off the total time in office is at least 2 hours not about an hour and time spent with physican is 3-5 min not a good experience if expecting especially if you have issues or complications, example wanting vitamin script, having pain, having general questions about birth. You will be met with fear tactics as one speaks to a child as opposed to facts. Don't expect a call back without continuously calling and demanding to be heard, and don't expect them to look into the source of your complaint. Seriously horrible experience with pregnancy just all around. New gatekeeper(nurse) awful rude and at one point you will catch her roll her eyes at you as you stop her with one more question you remember right before you leave. Or at any other point that she is tired of dealing with you.
Dr. Jacobs has been my GYN following hysterectomy in 2008. She is very warm and caring, and listens carefully to her patients. She helped my resolve and ongoing problem with vaginal bleeding a year after my hysterectomy, (too much estrogen) and changed my meds, which solved the problem. Great doctor.
Dr. Jacobs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1994
University Of Texas Health Science
Dr. Jennifer D Jacobs accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsLone Star Ob/Gyn Associates, 7950 Floyd Curl Dr, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Jennifer D Jacobs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.