Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jennifer L Ellens has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Jennifer L Ellens has the following 10 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Jennifer L Ellens has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jennifer L Ellens is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 11
I have been going to Dr. Ellens for 8 years now. I started seeing her when I moved to Glen Ellyn. After a year, I moved about 45 minutes away. There are many doctors closer to me, but I had such a good experience with Dr. Ellens that I chose to continue seeing her, despite the distance. I have seen various doctors over the span since I became an adult...30 plus years. I have seen many different personalities from cold and clinical, some behaving like they are God to all mankind, stuffy, hurried, incompetent, etc... I've encountered few empathetic and kind doctors along the way. Dr. Ellens is truly unique in her bedside manner. Because of chronic illness and disability, I have seen Dr. Ellens many more times than most. She is consistantly friendly, compassionate, and takes her time with each appointment. You never get the impression she is in a hurry. She takes the time to make sure all of your health concerns are addressed. She is never hesitant to order appropriate tests, give referrals to Speciality Physicians, or prescribe proper medication. Dr. Ellens keeps up to date on symptoms of illness, new phamaceuticals, and the latest in cutting edge medical procedures and tests. I have never seen Dr. Ellens without a smile on her face. She is the epitome of warm and personable. I am very fortunate to have found such a genuinely caring and nuturing competent doctor.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
20 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
West Suburban Medical Center
Dr. Jennifer L Ellens accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jennifer L Ellens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Ellyn, IL.