Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jennifer Fichera
Dr. Jennifer Fichera, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Pembroke Pines, FL. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Fichera is affiliated with Memorial Hospital West, Memorial Regional Hospital South and Memorial Hospital Pembroke. She speaks English.
Dr. Jennifer Fichera has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 58
Appointments should be easy. If you go to Healthworks, they list one number. When you call the 800 number, they give you another. This is critical because the voice mail, after hours, says the office opens at 8 am. It does not. At least the answering service continues to report that the "Office is closed" and to call during regular hours. Then it goes on to list opening hours are at 0800. This causes lots of wasted time by the patient. the Also, staff seem nice enough but with four visits to see the Dr, I've only seen her once and the PA on all other occasions. PAs are good but we'd like to see and talk with a doctor every so often. Will be looking for a new doctor now. Also, check out your rating on Angie's List.
Too long of a wait to actually see the doctor when scheduling an appt. I have to wait 2 months to see the doctor for a physical. When I tried to schedule on-line I waited 2 days to receive a reply that the doctor was not available to see me but would I like to see the PA? Should not be this difficult to see the doctor. Will be looking for another primary care physician.
Dr. Fichera is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Regional Hospital South
Memorial Hospital Pembroke
Memorial Regional Hospital
Memorial Hospital Miramar
11 Years Experience
University Of New England College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Jennifer Fichera accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsHealth Worx, 700 N Hiatus Rd, Pembroke Pines, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jennifer Fichera in this video.
Dr. Jennifer Fichera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pembroke Pines, FL.