Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jennifer M Fisher
Dr. Jennifer M Fisher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. Her specialties include Medical Oncology, Hematology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Fisher is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Coronado Hospital and Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. Dr. Fisher has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Jennifer M Fisher has the following 4 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jennifer M Fisher has the following 14 expertise
- Blood Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Dr. Jennifer M Fisher has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jennifer M Fisher is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Was told by this doctor that extreme fatigue, mouth ulcers, skin lesions, and frequent infections are "to be expected." Acute, Ideopathic Neutropenia and MGUS didn't seem to alarm her even with my documented 6 years of history with these blood disorders... regular cbc counts of 200 total count neutrofils... Maybe it was a bad day for her, she came across as cold and nonchalant. Literally scrubbed her hands at least 3 times right in front of me in the room after briefly examining me. I felt like an ogre. Have been to yet another hemo/ oncol. None have yet to figure out my condition. 2 times per week for 3 months straight, Neupogen injections. Didn't change my counts. Is there any hemo/oncologist out there that can effectively and sensitively take me into their care... I am so tired of being labeled a "Mystery." (per Dr. Rice).
When Doctor Fisher worked in primary care over 10 years ago she misdiagnosed me. I had a deviated septum and severe sinus problems and she thought I was just trying to get insurance to pay for surgery and told me to "save my pretty pennies," and find surgeon on my own. She did not offer any advice for dealing with my sinus headaches and pressure and breathing problems. I believed her diagnosis and suffered for 10 years. I should have sought a second opinion. Fast forward 10 years later and I am diagnosed with Eustachian Tube Dysfunction resulting from my sinus issues/nasal turbinates/deviated septum. I cannot believe how rude and condescending she was to me and she was the one that was wrong. Hopefully, she does better with her oncology patients.
Dr. Fisher always makes time to listen and answer questions, always seems to know who I am, which means she has looked at my chart before entering the room. Seems to have a routine down but then is able to personlize it for me. I did put excellent at getting a appointment, but i have always made mine in advance. She, or her nurse, ALWAYS, call back within 24 hours Love her
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Fisher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Minnesota Medical School
Dr. Jennifer M Fisher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOncology Associates San Diego, 3075 Health Center Dr Ste 102, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jennifer M Fisher in this video.
Dr. Jennifer M Fisher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.