Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jennifer E Frank has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 24
I've seen her three times at the UH Manoa Health Clinic, but I'd certainly never go to her if I had a choice. She has a bizarrely defensive attitude when you just ask a simple question, but from my experience, she really is a bad doctor, so maybe she's right to feel defensive. I once asked her whether I had a certain condition, because I had particular symptoms, and after she told me that no, I didn't have that condition, she wasn't at all concerned with trying to figure out what was causing those symptoms. Entirely useless!
When I first moved to Hawaii I needed a doctor. A friend recommend hers (dr. frank) and even though she's not taking new patients, was kind enough to see me. Her staff were so polite and caring (unlike some other offices I have been to) and the space is neat and clean. She listened to my needs and was attentive (my previous doctor stared at a computer screen the entire appointment). I have been going to see her for 6 years and I love every moment of my time there (even when sick). I hope she never retires and her staff never leave!
I spent years in Hawaii going to see Dr. Frank and really liked her. I have now moved away and I can't get any one to answer the phone or return my calls to obtain my medical records.
Dr. Frank is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Jennifer E Frank accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJennifer Frank Md, 1380 Lusitana St Ste 904, Honolulu, HI
Dr. Jennifer E Frank is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.