Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jennifer J Heinemann
Dr. Jennifer J Heinemann, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charleston, SC, with another office in Summerville, SC. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Heinemann is affiliated with Summerville Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Jennifer J Heinemann has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Jennifer J Heinemann has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
Dr. Jennifer J Heinemann has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jennifer J Heinemann is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Was made to wait in the exam room while she discussed dresses for her daughter over the phone for 15 minutes. Then was rushed through the appointment. At the next appointment, she acted as if it was an inconvenience that I was there even though it was a follow-up appointment that SHE requested that I make. She barely looked at me the entire time, had her back turned and was fumbling with papers. Totally dismissed me and my concerns, and all but rolled her eyes. She also failed to inform me of a condition that I later discovered once I received a copy of my medical records. Also, the medical office staff is incredibly rude and unprofessional both on the phone and in person. They act as if you are bothering them any time you either call or stop at the desk. Professional courtesy is completely non-existent in that office. Needless to say, due to the incompetent care by the doctor and the poor attitudes of the staff, I have since found another doctor.
Staff in general had very poor customer service and bedside manner. An elderly woman received no assistance (which she obviously needed) and was expected to move across the lobby by herself. Patient on crutches was expected to stand and wait at front desk for close to 15 min when receptionist could have taken documents/ID and returned them to patient when she was done with them. Backroom receptionist/medical assistant was incredibly argumentative with me. She appeared to not care the slightest about my medical records or any of my questions regarding my visit. Instead of answering a simple question most people would expect in an appointment, she told me I should just book another appointment and pay again. Incredibly rude... I was actually shocked at the behavior I had to deal with. Would prefer to not return, but not sure how it would be covered by insurance.
Dr. Heinemann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Jennifer J Heinemann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jennifer J Heinemann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.