The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jennifer Heller
Dr. Jennifer Heller, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include General Surgery and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Heller is affiliated with The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Geriatrics Center and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Jennifer Heller has the following 2 specialties
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Jennifer Heller has the following 8 expertise
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Varicose Ulcer
- Varicose Veins
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Venous Insufficiency
Dr. Jennifer Heller has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Heller is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Johns Hopkins Geriatrics Center
Heart and Vascular Institute
Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center
23 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1994
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Jennifer Heller accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Locations & DirectionsJohns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, 4940 Eastern Ave, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Jennifer Heller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.