Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jennifer A Jackson-Wohl
Dr. Jennifer A Jackson-Wohl, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Barberton, OH, with another office in Cleveland, OH. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Jackson-Wohl is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Akron General. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Jennifer A Jackson-Wohl has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Jennifer A Jackson-Wohl has the following 14 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Dr. Jennifer A Jackson-Wohl is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 12
Excellent experience! Have had 3 appts thus far. Practice philosophy is NOT to prescribe addictive medications, which is my desire as well. I am now taking a very low dose of Lexapro daily, which has totally eliminated my panic attacks. This, plus ongoing visits with my psychologist, has reduced my depression as well! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR JACKSON-WOHL!!
Dr took time to tell me she did not write for benzos and too time to tell me that and gave me an out at beginning. Then prceeded to do an initial interview, after which telling me that she only treats post partum depression. That is NOT what I am diagnosed with and I told her that the beginning. So she wasted my time and MONEY, I feel she just wanted to get paid for the appointment instead of canceling it. No integrity what so ever. Very disappointed in her.
Dr. Jackson-Wohl is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Jennifer A Jackson-Wohl accepts the following insurance providers.
- HealthSpan Access PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jennifer A Jackson-Wohl is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Barberton, OH.