Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jennifer R King has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Dr. Jennifer R King has the following 12 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
- Sleep Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Substance Abuse
Dr. Jennifer R King has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. King has worst bedside manner. She does not know what she is doing and is mean, rude please stay far away. Does not listen to parents, puts child against you, to side with HER. doesn't care what previous reactions to meds were! Dr King snapped at me, Now you know more about meds than me? Do you HAVE A DOCTORATE? Do you just want the degree to prescribe meds yourself? I never yelled and NO PROFESSIONAL should be so rude and yell. Drs should work TOGETHER to help people.
My appointments seemed to last about 5 minutes. I was not asked about my depression or other problems. She just prescribed me an antidepressant and sent me off, without discussing the risks or anything. I had a horrible reaction and was encouraged to just be patient, it would get better soon. I was really messed up from it. I am now working with a new psychiatrist who said I never should have been on the medication in the first place. I am doing much better now.I would also like to note that a family friend of mine (and one of her patients) recently attemped SUICIDE due to all the medications she had put him on. Psychiatric medicine should be taken seriously and patients examined and evaluated before anything is prescribed. The ER doctors were horrified by the mix of drugs she put him on.I honestly don't know how this woman has a medical license.
23 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1995
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRogers Memorial Hospital Brown Deer, 4600 W Schroeder Dr, Milwaukee, WI
Dr. Jennifer R King is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.