Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jennifer L Friedman
Dr. Jennifer L Friedman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Deerfield, IL. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Friedman is affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Dr. Friedman has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Jennifer L Friedman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jennifer L Friedman has the following 10 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Hot Flashes
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Dr. Jennifer L Friedman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
Getting an appointment with Dr. Friedman is never easy. She works part time (3 days a week) and has several patients. The last time I attempted to make an appointment, the only openings were two months later. I started seeing Dr. Friedman when I was 16 for menstrual problems. I recall describing some other problems to her that I thought called for a hormone test, but instead she just prescribed birth control pills again and again. The pills she prescribed never worked well, and all caused the same undesirable side effects. I went off of the pill twice simply because I was fed up, and my periods were actually better than they were before going on the pill. After being off the pill for a few months, I started having some other more serious problems. I attempted to make an appointment with Dr. Friedman last July, however, Dr. Friedman's staff was incredibly rude to me on the phone. I tried to tell the receptionist that I needed an appointment as soon as possible, but I was dismissed. Later, I saw a different doctor who actually tested my hormones, and of course the tests came back abnormal. I'm now going through a number of diagnostic tests that I probably could have had years ago if Dr. Friedman had only taken the time to listen to my concerns. I do not recommend Dr. Friedman.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Friedman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Jennifer L Friedman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorthwestern Immediate Care Deerfield, 350 S Waukegan Rd Ste 150, Deerfield, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jennifer L Friedman in this video.
Dr. Jennifer L Friedman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Deerfield, IL.