Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jennifer Y Pierce has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Clinical Research
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I am very satisfied with Dr. Jennifer Young Pierce. My OB/GYN recommended I see her because of my high risk case. I immediately felt comfortable with her and appreciated the caring staff. My surgery was successful and she was able to accomplish the difficult task. Everyone at MUSC was extremely courteous and helpful and made me feel at ease through the whole process.
Dr. Young-Pierce impressed me immediately. She requested more background medical information about my case than any other doctor had ever done. She took a strong interest in my very unusual case and led an investigation of my case by USCM. I found out more information about the results of my cancer surgery in NJ than I had ever been told. She is warm, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. I am privileged to be her patient and have many doctors with whom to compare her, due to my three different types of cancer. I would highly and enthusiastically recommend her!
Doctor Young Pierce was unprofessional. After I had a procedure that did not go well she never followed up with me but instead let another doctor take on my care. I would never recommend or use her again. I found her unprofessional, did not have bedside manners and her skills during procedure were less than desirable. Use caution if you use her.
16 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Jennifer Y Pierce accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUsa Mitchell Cancer Institute, 1660 Spring Hill Ave, Mobile, AL
Dr. Jennifer Y Pierce is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.