Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jennifer A Mcdonald has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jennifer A Mcdonald has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Jennifer A Mcdonald has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 27
Been a patient for years but have decided to finally find a new doctor. Reading other people's comments, I totally agree. She doesn't seem interested in any "issues". She makes you feel like you're over exaggerating everything. Followup is next to none. Just time to find a doctor that will listen and then follow through with treatment...someone who cares about their patients.
I saw Dr. McDonald a couple of years ago for the first time. That time she was pleasant, patient, thorough, and happily answered my questions. I was impressed, so had no problem scheduling an appointment to see her again when I had a concern about something potentially life threatening. I was shown to the exam room by her nurse, who took my vitals and questioned me about my current concerns. She wrote them all down and told me the doctor would be with me in a few minutes; she was finishing up with a patient. After 20 minutes Dr. McDonald came breezing in with what appeared to be an assistant in training. The assistant was seated at a computer and it was her job to input or find information from my file. Dr. McDonald started asking me questions about my medical history. I was confused because I've been going to that clinic for years, and she was treating me like a new patient. She was rapid-firing questions at me, asking for dates of procedures I had many years ago. When I pointed out that the dates were already on file she told me it was easier to ask me than look them up. After the "interrogation" she asked me what I was there for. I told her. She told me to get undressed. She came back and proceeded to give me a full physical, like a routine yearly physical. That's fine, but not why I was there that day. Even more troubling was how she gave the physical. She rushed through it, while barking orders at both me and the assistant. Finally she got around to why I was there. I showed her my area of concern and she seemed to brush it off. Then she told me we can biopsy it if I want; it was up to me. WHAT?! I came there for medical advice. I made an appointment for the biopsy, but ended up cancelling it. I cannot stand the thought of having Dr. McDonald cut into my body. During this appointment she hurried through, made me feel like I was an inconvenience, and belittled me. I'm sure her poor assistant felt the same way. Dr. McDonald is a nightmare.
Dr MacDonald is the most incredibly rude physician I have ever met. I felt very uncomfortable with her.
40 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Jennifer A Mcdonald accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHudson Bay Medical Group, 100 E 33rd St Ste 206, Vancouver, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jennifer A Mcdonald in this video.
Dr. Jennifer A Mcdonald is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vancouver, WA.