Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jennifer W Mcvige
Dr. Jennifer W Mcvige, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orchard Park, NY, with other offices in Buffalo, NY and Buffalo, NY . She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology and Neurology. Dr. Mcvige has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Jennifer W Mcvige has 3 locations
200 Sterling Dr Ste 400
Orchard Park, NY 14127
219 Bryant St
Buffalo, NY 14222
Book Online Now
Dr. Jennifer W Mcvige has the following 2 specialties
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jennifer W Mcvige has the following 8 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
Dr. Jennifer W Mcvige is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer W Mcvige - Posted on August 17th, 2017
Dr.McVige and her team of PA's and NP's have taken excellent care of my Son who has a seizure disorder; which can be a terrifying experience for both patient and parent alike. She continues to keep us comfortable with the diagnosis, treatment, and EEG's. My son has improved and going to see Dr.McVige is the only Dr appt he actually doesn't give us a fight about. I would most definitely recommend her!! She's awesome!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer W Mcvige - Posted on November 14th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer W Mcvige - Posted on November 21st, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer W Mcvige - Posted on September 1st, 2015
I had high hopes after my initial visit with dr. McVige but that didn't last long. She failed to tell me about a lesion on the MRI and then proceeded to cover it up by saying the radiologist didn't prepare the report the right way so she missed the last paragraph that described the mass. Even after that I gave her a second chance as she had me believe the size of the lesion warranted follow up imaging. Interesting enough the report was prepared in the same fashion and she again gave me a different story as to what my symptoms could be from. The size of the lesion then wasn't an issue to her and I just don't have trust due to the lack of consistency in the info that was provided to me. She is friendly and pleasant and hopefully this is just a one time incident that ends with me.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer W Mcvige - Posted on February 23rd, 2015
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
13 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 2005
Womens And Childrens Hospital
Dr. Jennifer W Mcvige accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jennifer W Mcvige is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Orchard Park, NY.