Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jennifer E Pofahl has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Jennifer E Pofahl has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer E Pofahl - Posted on January 6th, 2016
I had a very bad experience with Dr Pofahl. She acted like she was angry at me the whole time she was with me. She was rude. She told me I had to lay on my back even though I wanted to use a different position during childbirth. No compassion, she was cold as a stone. She did not discuss anything with me and made many mistakes. She did a shoddy job fixing me back up after the labor and rushed out right after without talking to me. No follow up. I'm very disappointed.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer E Pofahl - Posted on May 20th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer E Pofahl - Posted on July 23rd, 2014
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
11 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine Madison Wi
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Jennifer E Pofahl Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway - ME
- Anthem Pathway Enhanced - ME
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced/Ind Guided Access ME
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Jennifer E Pofahl
My name is Jennifer Pofahl and Im an obstetrician/gynecologist. I recently completed my residency at Maine Medical Center in the spring of 2011 and am very excited to join InterMed and Generations, the OB/GYN group here. InterMed is a group of caring individuals and providers who are evidence-based and patient-centered, which is how I strive to practice medicine. I also have a special interest in pediatric and adolescent gynecology. I grew up in Madison, Wisconsin and completed my undergraduate and medical studies at the University of Wisconsin in Madison. I moved out to Maine because I love the outdoors, the ocean, good food and the people here. During my residency, I fell in love with this state and my fiance. We decided to settle here and plan to be here for years to come.
Locations & DirectionsGENERATIONS, 84 Marginal Way Ste 900, Portland, ME
Dr. Jennifer E Pofahl is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Portland, ME.