Dr. Jennifer Hensley Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Jennifer Hensley?

In Network and Awesome

Posted on September 19th, 2017

I have had great experiences with Dr. Hensley over the past 6 months, seeking treatment for what turned out to be a cyst in my cheek and then annual exams. The practice is in network for me, and I've had no issues with billing. In fact, whenever she prescribes something, she tells me to let her know if the prescription cost is high, and to not get it but contact her. They work to find cheaper pharmacies for you. Dr. Hensley's bedside manner is fantastic: she's friendly, comfortable, warm, and explains things thoroughly and answers (and asks!) questions very thoroughly. I can't recommend her enough. ONE NOTE: If you are going for your first appointment as a new patient, plan for a LONG wait time (I waited about 45 minutes to see her). However, after that, wait time has consistently been under 15 minutes.

If you want to spend extra $300 dollars go for it!

Posted on May 23rd, 2016

I needed annual whole body exam because I have very fair skin. During this appointment I complained about rash which looked like eczema but was not itchy. I have eczema for my entire life. Doctor Hensley told be that she is unsure if this is eczema and took biopsy to make sure. Biopsy confirmed that it was eczema (no surprise). She prescribed cream which did not help much. 3 Weeks later I received a letter from my insurance which said that claim from pathology lab was denied because whoever submitted this biopsy test did not get preauthorization from the insurance company. I called to my insurance and I was told that pathology lab is out of network and before dermatologist sent any labwork there she had to get authorization which apparently she did not. So now I have to pay $300 dollars bill to this pathology lab for unnecessary biopsy. Also appointment claim was $186 but biopsy procedure $183. So I can assume that biopsy was totally unnecessary and this doctor just makes money. What kind of dermatologist you should be to do not know how eczema looks??? And how you can not know how insurance works! Would not recommend to anybody.

Posted on February 20th, 2017