Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jennifer M Ragi has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I have seen Dr Ragi twice, the first time I was left waiting for 40 minutes after the nurse escorted me to the exam room and asked a few questions , told me to strip and put on the gown and left the room. The second time the same occurred but was left to wait for just under one hour. When I asked about why she said there were emergencies. It puzzles me why a nurse can't come in and simply say the Dr. is attending to an issue and is delayed and will be with you shortly. Never once did anyone come in to check on me. Obliviously not a Dr. who particularly cares about how their customers are handled.
While I don't expect doctors to be warm and fuzzy, I also don't expect them to be rude and distant...especially when you are naked and having your scanned for moles, etc. Dr. Ragi is very rigid and cold. Even the staff seem to be scared of her. In addition, I had to waited 15-20 minutes to have a mole removed on top of the 30 minutes I waited in the waiting room. I was left on the exam table in an uncomfortable position during that time. Also, getting lab results from her and the nurse is next to impossible. While I think she is a competent physician, she needs to improve her social skills and follow up with patients.
21 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Jennifer M Ragi accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRiverside Physician Services Inc, 11844 Rock Landing Dr Ste B, Newport News, VA
Dr. Jennifer M Ragi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport News, VA.