Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jennifer R Santiago has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Jennifer R Santiago has the following 11 expertise
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
Dr. Jennifer R Santiago has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
I had an appointment today and am extremely happy! Everyone I had interactions with was friendly and professional. I arrived about 10 minutes early and went in the back on-time. Dr. Santiago was happy to listen to my concerns and give information and advice. She was also very open to me deciding how to proceed with next steps. The overall exam was quick and painless. When it was done, I was left wondering if she remembered to do the PAP because I didn't feel it or the usual after effects. I had some blood work done after and the lab tech ended up confirming my suspicions that the doctors there seem to make the PAP unnoticeable... The only issue I had was when I scheduled a follow up appointment for the following week, the appointment got scheduled for 2 weeks out instead of 1. I called the office after I realized what my appointment card said and was able to bump the appointment up to next week. So problem solved. I am super happy with everything, especially considering all the mixed reviews I've been reading.
Do yourself a favor...skip this practice. Dr Bissel and her Associates are cold, impersonal and indifferent to the needs or concerns of the patient. They are fine if you want to have a C-section and have additional sources of info about your pregnancy and birth. They seemed annoyed by questions. Initially they were fine but later treated my pregnancy like a paycheck by making all efforts to encourge a C-section. They later refused walk-in emergency follow up care and my primary had to intervene due to complications (stitches that extended into opposite side of labia causing painful ulcer). The practice nurses are the saving grace of this operation.
Her medical care is fine. She is compassionate, answers all questions, and is responsive to concerns. She does not however respond to phone calls.The administrative staff however is inept at best. They are rude, condescending, and incapable of managing an office or schedule. I have never had a wait-time less than 1 hr.
As a new patient, I was very disappointed in the rushed, 'drive-thru' manner in which this practice operates (a clue was listening to another patient discuss in painful detail her 'condition' with the reception staff AFTER she'd seen the doctor, who apparently was too busy to answer the patient's questions). Especially for an initial visit, a top-notch gynecologist actually reviews your medical history with you via a consult in addition to the actual exam. This was NOT the case with Dr. Santiago. While she seems nice, I was not impressed at all with the actual medical care due to the extremely rushed nature and failure on her part to even get a reasonable medical history from me. She never asked about my iron levels, calcium, nor did she do any bloodwork so that she could clearly understand for herself my gyn needs as a middle-aged woman. I will definitely follow up with another doctor shortly so that I can get the care I sought here.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Santiago is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Jennifer R Santiago accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOb/Gyn Associates Of N Va Ltd, 6355 Walker Ln Ste 408, Alexandria, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jennifer R Santiago in this video.
Dr. Jennifer R Santiago is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.