Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jennifer M Sardone-Ponnappan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jennifer M Sardone-Ponnappan has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Jennifer M Sardone-Ponnappan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 7
I had been having terrible headaches, chronic pain, fatigue, and overall feeling terrible for months, I went through three doctorsa trying to find one that would take the time to figure out what could be going on then I finally found Dr. Sardone and after just one visit she found that I was dificient in vitamin D, iron and B-12 she also reffered me to a rhuematologist and they diagnost me with Fibromyalgia and we ruled out MS. I have been under her care for less than a year and feel better than I have in a very long time. She is a great listener and really does care!
She gives a thorough annual check-up, and listens carefully to all concerns. She is willing to be a partner with her patients inasmuch that she is open to requests and questions, although the final decision is always hers. She is gentle and very kind. She found a lump on me that needed a biopsy, and no other physician had ever found it. I would recommend her to anyone who needs a physician they can talk to and be heard.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
14 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMacNeal Hospital, 3249 Oak Park Ave, Berwyn, IL
Dr. Jennifer M Sardone-Ponnappan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berwyn, IL.