Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jennifer Serrentino has 2 locations
414 Main St Ste 203A
Port Jefferson, NY 11777
Book Online Now
Dr. Jennifer Serrentino has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jennifer Serrentino has the following 13 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer Serrentino - Posted on July 19th, 2018
I've had Panic Disorder since I was 16 (though it was not known to the medical profession as such back in 1962). I was diagnosed at SUNY @ Stony Brook, NY in 1985 and put on 4 &1/2 mgs Xanex daily. I have been on this dose until 2 years ago when my family physician said I probably didn't need such a high dose, so we started tapering. A year ago my family physician said she would no longer give me my Xanex - I had to see a psychiatrist. I searched and found Jennifer Serrentino and gave her a shot. I researched her and saw the good & bad reviews she got and I have to say, that after seeing Dr. Serrentino for 1 year, those bad reviews are NOT what I have experienced. I get the greatest treatment and compassion. Dr. Serrentiono knows what she's doing. An excellent doctor of medicine and psychiatry. She has worked with me and gotten me down to 3 &1/2 mg Xanex daily. Whatever your problem is, Dr. Serrentino has my full recommendation!
Great Doctor !
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer Serrentino - Posted on May 11th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jennifer Serrentino - Posted on December 22nd, 2014
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
20 Years Experience
- Albert Einstein Med Col
Dr. Jennifer Serrentino Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Jennifer Serrentino's office for more information.
414 Main St Port Jefferson, NY : (631) 704-5348
414 Main St Ste 203A Port Jefferson, NY 11777
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jennifer Serrentino is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Port Jefferson, NY.