Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jennifer M Slack has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jennifer M Slack has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Jennifer M Slack has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Slack is the best.... I needed to establish a new primary care provider after changing to Medicare and a supplimental insurance off the Kaiser plan at work, and was referred to this group. I could not have chosen a better fit. She is caring and professional and all she has done for me has brought very positive results...She tells you what she needs you to do and stays involved with each of her patients.
I have always had a fear of doctors, basically I feel it is because they have to hurt me to help me. At least that is what I tell myself. I try to visit regular, but any excuse not to go is sometimes good for me. On my first visit with Dr. Slack, I was in pain, scared, and was ready to run from the office. When the nurse called my name I became very frighten. And, that fear made everything in me shake (I could not stop), it could have been because I had the flu, fever, etc. Never-the-less I cannot thank Dr. Slack and her Assistant enough for being so patient with me. Because the way I was acting, which I did not feel was normal, I thought they were going to lock me up (I had not been sick in any way in about 6 years). I don't get sick very often, so my illness took me aback. Even though my health is my proirity I do need my doctor to be proactive in my health, because until I have routine I will wait, and wait until thing pile up. And, yes as I write this, one would think it will be different because I know, but no that would be too easy. Dr. Slack and her Assistant Nurse (the office staff too)have done an excellent job in helping me, because when I am tired or sick my personality is not the best. So, again thank you for listening and figuring out what was wrong with me. Just getting someone to understand me when I really don't help me a lot. For me the little things mean so much, because they are sometimes big for me when I don't have contol over my health.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
14 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Jennifer M Slack accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsCascade Physicians Pc, 501 N Graham St Ste 100, Portland, OR
Dr. Jennifer M Slack is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.