Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Jennifer A Totten
Dr. Jennifer A Totten, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, PA, with other offices in Canonsburg, PA and Pittsburgh, PA (and 1 other location). She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Totten is affiliated with Keystone Anesthesia Consultants Ltd. She speaks English.
Dr. Jennifer A Totten has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jennifer A Totten has the following 11 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Jennifer A Totten has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 11
First off it took 2 weeks just to get the "medical assistant" to call me back. Ironic that 30 seconds after she doesn't answer me directly, I call the receptionist and she puts me through she answers. Couldn't believe the immaturity of this individual. The question I was asking was a YES or NO answer for a medication. That none of them have heard of. WHY ARE YOU IN THE MEDICAL FIELD. You need to brush up on what is up and coming and new safer medications. I was never "allowed" to speak directly to the physician, which that is the first time that has happened. Should've been a red flag from day one. I have never met anyone so incredibly ignorant of medications, none the less anyone who has zero care for the patients being cared for under Dr. Totten. I do not understand how this MA was ever hired to deal directly with patients, let alone how Dr. Totten couldn't spare two minutes to discuss with me personally. They each have terrible patient care standards. To top it all off, I have a serious chronic illness and needed a suggestion from Totten, so as I am becoming emotional on the phone with the MA about my concerns SHE LAUGHS. Yeah you heard it right... laughs! I hung up and switched. I'm disgusted and appalled that either have jobs.
Dr. Totten is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Jennifer A Totten accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jennifer A Totten is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, PA.