Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jennilyn Wetzel has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Jennilyn Wetzel has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Women's Health
- Family Planning
Dr. Jennilyn Wetzel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Follow up is nil. Call backs rare. Hospital visits hurried. Time to get back to hospital staff unacceptable. Dr. Wetzel is a family physician and doesn't work well with other medical facilities. If your patient has a specialized illness, see a specialist. You don't need the aggravation of working with this office as a middleman.
How in the world do you get through to this office, or talk to anyone? If you can't get a nurse you can't leave a message, even with a receptionist! I had one question and now I have to wait to get the answer by calling back again and again. I have begged my mom to switch doctors because of This office staff. To me, they are the heart of a practice.
This doctor should be reported for malpractice and negligence. I have never had such a horrible experience. Dr. Wetzel is very rude to her patients and does not care to listen to what they have to say. She does not let you speak and tells you that your conditions are your own fault and that you are not doing anything to help yourself even when it's pretty clear that you are. She tells your patients that they are lying and yells at them. After my awful experience I read other reviews and I was astounded to read that many others have had nearly the same experience. When I take my conditions to another doctor and they find what's really wrong with me I will be filing a law suit.
My daughter was seeing this doctor for numerous issues, some very serious. At first she seemed like a good doctor. After a night in the ER, my daughter followed up the next day with Dr. Wetzel, and received the WORST treatment I have ever heard of in my life. She accused my daughter of lying and failing to follow orders, and reduced my daughter to tears. My daughter, (and myself and others) are worried she could have cancer, and Dr. Wetzel shrugged it off by saying she is too young to have cancer. She declined to pursue testing in that direction. Unbelievable. I am a furious mom.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
31 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
St Johns Hospital
Dr. Jennilyn Wetzel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEast Area Family Practice, 30695 Little Mack Ave Ste 200, Roseville, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jennilyn Wetzel in this video.
Dr. Jennilyn Wetzel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roseville, MI.