Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jenny M Montejo has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Hay Fever
- Nasal Allergies
- Watery Eyes
Showing 3 of 3
I went to her to continue allergy shots after 5 years of receiving them with another doctor. After difficulty getting an appointment, she refused to administer the shots acting as if the allergy serum had come from the streets or black market instead if from another local hospital. She refused to administer them stating that she did not know what was in them, yet when I called to schedule an appointment, mentioning the desire to continue ongoing shots, I was not told I should bring the recipe for said shots. When I raised concerns about returning to weekly shots (as opposed to monthly), she said she recognized that this would be an "inconvenience" without hearing that once weekly shots do not allow me to work or function in my daily life. The nursing staff was kind but the doctor gave me little of her time and disregarded my concerns and willingness to do whatever it would take (signing waivers, waiting for hours) in order to continue with my monthly injections. Her stubbornness, inflexibility, rigid thinking and inability to truly hear a patients needs has forced me to either discontinue allergy shots entirely or sacrifice my quality of life for six months. I will not be returning to see her and I'm sure she will dismiss this review (as she dismissed me throughout our appointment) as a disgruntled patient who doesn't understand the details of her lofty profession, but if her goal is to help a patient improve their quality of life she failed me miserably today.
Dr. Montejo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Jenny M Montejo accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJenny Maribel Montejo Md, 3800 Woodward Ave Ste 924, Detroit, MI
Dr. Jenny M Montejo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.