Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Jerald M Garcia
Dr. Jerald M Garcia, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Honolulu, HI. He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Garcia is affiliated with Kuakini Medical Center and Tripler Army Medical Center. Dr. Garcia has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jerald M Garcia has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Jerald M Garcia has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Jerald M Garcia has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jerald M Garcia is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 8
I saw Dr. Garcia and was very disappointed. He is friendly, but seems very distracted and scattered. His office staff rushes you around. You will sit and wait for a long time in his office. Dr. Garcia always wants to do injections and takes us to a surgery center. You will sit and wait around for a long time before being seen there too. You need to bring someone else with you to drive after you get the shot and it makes things very inconvenient.. His injections really hurt and he likes to gives many shots. He always tells me I need three, even if the first shot does not work. Why?
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Garcia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Jerald M Garcia accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJennifer Lynn Wilson, 1401 S Beretania St Ste 400, Honolulu, HI
Dr. Jerald M Garcia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.