Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jerambhai T Kankotia has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jerambhai T Kankotia has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Jerambhai T Kankotia has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
Staff might be difficult but the physician is the reason you're going. He is one of the more humble and caring doctors I have had since moving here in the early 2000s. My cardiac health and hypertension are under control and improving, thanks to Dr. Kankotia's support and judicious prescription of medication. Thank you, Dr K.
I had been a patient with Dr. Kankotia for over 15 years. His new office sign touts "Accepting New Patients", but the past 3 times I've been very sick and called for an appointment, I've been told they are too busy to see me. Yesterday the rude woman who answered the phone told me to go to an Urgent Care or the Emergency Room! I will not be returning.
Dr. Kankotia is the best doctor I have had. He listens and spends as long as necessary to get to the problem. He doesn't hesitate to refer or prescribe if necessary. He is interested in your family and asks questions. He is one of a kind in this rush out the door era. He reminds me of my family doctor I had in England growing up and appreciate that he maintains that quality. All my family go to him. His staff have always been extremely friendly and helpful.
Overall the worst experience we have ever had with a physician. The office appears to be struggling with patients and the parking lot appears to be empty often. The staff seems very unhappy which is portrayed through their terrible attitude. After meeting with Dr. kankotia: it is apparent why the staff is unhappy. He was very short and appeared to be rushed????? He did not have any other visible patients and two cars in the parking lot. Dr. Kankotia did not listen well and seemed burdened with our visit and communication was poor. We had to see another physician in the area when the prescribed antibiotics were not working which could have caused a more serious infection. We were advised by the other physician that the prescribed antibiotic was an older treatment that should not have been used and many other options should have been considered that are more effective and current.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Kankotia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brooklyn Hospital Center
Dr. Jerambhai T Kankotia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJerambhai T Kankotia Md, 1939 Highland Oaks Blvd, Lutz, FL
Dr. Jerambhai T Kankotia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lutz, FL.