Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeremiah M Gelles
Dr. Jeremiah M Gelles, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY. He has 52 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gelles is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital. Dr. Gelles has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeremiah M Gelles has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jeremiah M Gelles has the following 17 expertise
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Myocardial Infarction
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
Dr. Jeremiah M Gelles has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jeremiah M Gelles is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I was never actually a patient of Dr. Gelles, but my grandmother was for many years and I can tell you that I've never experienced a more thorough, caring doctor as Dr. Gelles. My grandmother was quite elderly and whenever she had any problems, Dr. Gelles was right there. A couple of times I had to rush her to Methodist Hospital and Dr. Gelles would always show up right away and always took the time to sit with me and explain everything that was going on with her. If I had to explain symptoms to him, he would listen to what I telling him, I mean - REALLY listen! I saw him a couple of times outside of his office/hospital and he would always take the time to stop and say hello. He was great about calling me back if I had any questions. I always felt that my grandmother had the best care possible and I trusted him to do the best he could for her. He's a great doctor and and a great person.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gelles is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
52 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Jeremiah M Gelles accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPark Slope Medical Services Pc, 263 7th Ave Ste 5H, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeremiah M Gelles in this video.
Dr. Jeremiah M Gelles is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.