Have you seen Dr. Jeremy P Finkle?

WOW!

I am a 72 year old woman. A biopsy on a nevus on my scalp revealed severely atypical cells and was excised by Dr. Finkle. He was kind, gentle, cut my hair carefully , even rubbed my shoulders before he began. He was careful about the "pinch" from the five or so injections of numbing medication, kept up a friendly banter throughout the procedure. Smiled a lot. Unfortunately the pathology showed melanoma in the margins which were narrow so he decided to redo the excision with larger margins. This information was given to me by his assistant eight days after the excision. I truly believe that this report was available the day the stitches were removed (the date on the report makes me think this is so) and because the demeanor in the office changed and he could not get out of the room fast enough. Melanoma is a scary word. It would have been a lot nicer if he had called in person and answered my questions. It took several back and forth calls with his staff to get my questions answered. But I was not able to talk to him directly. The second excision was scheduled for six weeks later. That seemed a long time for a serious diagnosis but I was told that Jeremy Finkle would be on vacation. So...I returned six weeks later. My appointment was at 1:30. I am compulsive about arriving early and was horrified to note the time as 1:40 when a got out of my car to go in the first floor office. The second I got in the door, I was ushered into the room where Jeremy came right in (I estimate the time to be 1:45) I apologized for being late. First he had a short rant about how he would now be 15 minutes late for the rest of his appointments so he would get right to it. And he did: First, no little reassurance of a "pinch" before a series of five or six injections, given rapid fire and causing intentional pain (he knew it by my series of 5 or 6 involuntary "OUCHES" ). It was almost like he was punching them into my scalp. At that point I thought to get out of the chair and leave. The word melanoma kept me there. Hair removal was swift and without reassurance of regrowth. His assistant was somber. Twelve sutures seemed to be pulled harder and tighter than the first excision. He seemed to mellow as the procedure progressed making light of what is now a thumb- print size depression on my scalp. But not to worry he says you are so tall (I am 4ft 11inches) no one will be able to see it. Jeremy says he will see me next week for suture removal. I said I will be on time and he replied "I am sure you will." The clock in my car when I left indicated 2:15. Half an hour to completely obliterate all the good that was done the first time.(which took an hour) I wonder if he set a record and got his schedule on track. Perhaps he was also angry about the woman who came two hours after her appointment because she had the time wrong. My husband was in the waiting room. Pathology report indicating clear margins on this excision was available six days later and was transferred to another office with a different dermatologist in the same practice where the sutures were removed. I was on time but had to wait 45 minutes. Will I go back for the six month check? What do you think?

great dermatologist

i have gone to dr. finkle for acne and then laser treatments for about 15 years and he is great! his laser treatments are very effective and people tell me that i look much younger than 54 (yay!) also, he is funny and has a great personality. i definitely recommend going to him.

I have no doubt that Dr. Finkle is a highly qualified physician. However, if you're looking for a sensitive individual with a good bed-side manner, look elsewhere. The information Dr. Finkle provides is, I'm sure, very accurate. The manner in which he provides it, however, is another story. He is blunt, insensitive, and patronizing. If you are considering any cosmetic procedures and you are the least bit inexperienced or uncomfortable with the whole idea, Dr. Finkle is not your man. Find someone who has an inkling of what an aging woman feels when she looks in the mirror and finds that what she feels does not match what she sees. A visit with Dr. Finkle will only have you feeling worse about yourself.

Excellent physician

Dr. Jeremy P Finkle is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Andover, MA.