Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jeremy D Slater has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Jeremy D Slater has the following 9 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Sleep Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Jeremy D Slater is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Slater comes across as being extremely arrogant. I did not feel that he really listened to, or cared about, what I had to say. He would cut me off when I tried to give input or ask questions. In fact, I felt that he was actually ridiculing me. Furthermore, his staff does not return calls promptly. (It took 8 days and a follow-up call to get their attention.) I would definitely not recommend this doctor.
After seeing him twice, Slater not only doesn't respond to my attempts to reach him, but he keeps me waiting for months by giving me the false impression that he will eventually give me his attention, when I could have moved on to another doctor long ago if he were up front with me. This man is arrogant and uncaring toward his patients. I would not recommend him at all.
I have been trying to get a hold of Dr.Slater or his nurse assistant, and neither one is calling back. To be a patient of his and to be treated like this is really sad. I suppose they are just too busy, but I am being left in the dark. To schedule an appointment is a minimum 30 days lead time. Time to find a new doctor.
Dr. Slater is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Jackson Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Texas Health Science Center, 6431 Fannin St, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jeremy D Slater in this video.
Dr. Jeremy D Slater is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.