Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Jeremy S Wittenborn
Dr. Jeremy S Wittenborn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Indianapolis, IN, with other offices in Danville, IN and Indianapolis, IN . He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Wittenborn is affiliated with Iu Health University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeremy S Wittenborn has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jeremy S Wittenborn has the following 8 expertise
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Dr. Jeremy S Wittenborn has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 4
I've had kidney problems and chronic pancreatitis for several years. i had to fire two kidney specialists because I did not feel they were compassionate and their bedside manner was horrible. Then someone recommended Dr. Jeremy Wittenborn to me. He is an EXTRAORDINARY physician who is deeply concerned about his patients. He provides excellent advice, keeps track of my condition, is NEVER too busy to answer my questions, and most importantly at the End of each office visit, he reviews his instructions and makes sure that I understand what he expects me to do before my next visit. As a teacher, I'd definitely give Dr. Wittenborn and his office staff an "A+" and I'd definitely recommend him anyone who is looking for an outstanding physician!
Dr. Wittenborn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Jeremy S Wittenborn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jeremy S Wittenborn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.