Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jerome Bodian
Dr. Jerome Bodian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Englewood, NJ, with another office in Englewood, NJ. He has 55 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Internal Medicine and Nuclear Medicine. Dr. Bodian is affiliated with Englewood Hospital & Med Ctr. He speaks English.
Dr. Jerome Bodian has the following 3 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
The doctor is very old school, a good gentlemanly doctor. Competent for the basics, seems overall to be very knowledgeable about treatment of diabetics patients. A bit difficult to get emergency visits because office hours are a bit limited. No evening hours, no weekends. Normal checkups are done well. The main nurse is extremely competent and keeps things moving, draws blood well, etc.
Dr. Bodian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Englewood Hospital & Med Ctr
55 Years Experience
State University of New York Downstate
Graduated in 1958
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Jerome Bodian accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jerome Bodian in this video.
Dr. Jerome Bodian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Englewood, NJ.