Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Jerome A Franz
Dr. Jerome A Franz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA, with another office in San Francisco, CA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Franz is affiliated with California Pacific Medical Center - St Luke's Campus. Dr. Franz has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jerome A Franz has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jerome A Franz has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Jerome A Franz has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 1 of 7
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Franz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Jerome A Franz accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- CIGNA HMO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jerome A Franz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.