Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Jerome W Freeman
Dr. Jerome W Freeman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sioux Falls, SD. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Freeman is affiliated with Sanford USD Medical Center. Dr. Freeman has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Jerome W Freeman has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jerome W Freeman has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
Dr. Jerome W Freeman has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jerome W Freeman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 22
I feel like there is a communication disconnect at this office. I received my test results by mychart. When I called in with a question, it took 4 business days to receive a call back from the nurse. Once talking to the nurse it made me question who is taking care of me when my condition is referred to as headaches when itâs actually blurry vision. It was just a strange experience overall, so I talked to another Sanford dr. and was told to check out Avera. Thank goodness for honest doctors.
This doctor was impersonal and insensitve to my needs as a young women. he flat out told me since i had one child that should be enough even though there is no medical reason i shoudlnt have more chidlren. he also told me my symptoms where all in my head and i should go to a phycaitrsts. I have MS yes its in my head!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Freeman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Of Kansas Medical Center
Dr. Jerome W Freeman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- Coventry NE PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSanford Clinic Neurology, 1210 W 18th St Ste 101, Sioux Falls, SD
Dr. Jerome W Freeman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sioux Falls, SD.