Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Jerome Hershman
Dr. Jerome Hershman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with other offices in Los Angeles, CA and Los Angeles, CA (and 1 other location). He has 56 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Hershman is affiliated with Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare Center, Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center and University of California - Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Jerome Hershman has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jerome Hershman has the following 13 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Goiter (Thyroid Swelling)
- Graves Disease (Thyroid Eye Disease)
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Pituitary Diseases
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Diseases
- Thyroid Gland Removal (Thyroidectomy)
Dr. Jerome Hershman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 4
Dr. Hershman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare Center
Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
University of California - Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
Mattel Chldns Hosp. At Ucla
56 Years Experience
University of Illinois at Chicago
Graduated in 1957
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jerome Hershman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.