Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jerome M Horwitz
Dr. Jerome M Horwitz, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Cherry Hill, NJ, with another office in Willingboro, NJ. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Horwitz is affiliated with Kennedy Health System Cherry Hill Campus, Virtua Voorhees Hospital and Our Lady Of Lourdes Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Jerome M Horwitz has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Stress Testing
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Holter monitoring
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
Showing 5 of 7
I first saw Dr. Horwitz 14 months ago. He did some tests and recommended coronary bypass surgery. I had the surgery 12 months ago, and am feeling pretty good now. Dr. Horwitz put me on some medication, but never explained anything about the meds. I asked him about the beta blocker he put me on, and he explained what it is for. He never cautioned me not to stop taking it, or about any potential side effects. Since my surgery, I have seen Dr. Horwitz 4 times. He never once asked me about my diet, exercise, or lifestyle. Nor did he recommend cardio rehab, which I found out about from a friend that had the same surgery. I never had the feeling that the doctor had my best interests in mind. He doesn't seem to care about keeping me well, only about catching coronary artery disease so it may be treated. As bad as that sounds, his office is even worse. I dropped off my completed disability paper work before my surgery. They didn't get it in until 5 weeks after my surgery. I finally got my disability pay 2 weeks after I returned to work. They wont schedule an appointment after 3:45 pm (so if you work you have to use time off to go to their office), and my lats time there I waited until 5:15 before someone there told me there were still 3 patients ahead of me. I asked if I can get a later appointment, and they told me they would call me to schedule my appointment. That was over a month ago, and I still haven't heard from them. When my meds came due for renewal, the pharmacy faxed the office, but never recieved a return fax or call. That's when I found out about how dangerous it was to run out of one of my medications. When I called them, they did renew my script so I was able to get the medication the next day.
Dr. Horwitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Jerome M Horwitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jerome M Horwitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cherry Hill, NJ.