Dr. Jerrold M Sherman Is this you?

1.6

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Jerrold M Sherman?

Rude. Cuts you off when you try to respond. Older than dirt. And this guy is conducting an IME that will impact my financial future?? WTF? Where do they find these jokers?? Skid row??

Very Disrespectful and demeaning

This Doctor has no place in the medical field, he is very disrespectful and demeaning, I never felt so low and hopeless after talking to him, told me I speak not very good English right after entering the exam room and ask me what country I came from and how long had I been here in this country, I felt like I was in a courtroom witness stand being grilled by a lawyer the way he was asking the question and was told to answer only Yes or No. Wish I had Googled his name and read the reviews before seeing him casue I could have asked for another IME.

B

totally unprofessional

I have to wonder who is responsible for hiring Dr. Sherman as the orthopedic doctor for Social Security disability examinations.His total lack of professionalism demeans the medical profession.I was appalled at the condition of the examination room. The paper on the exam bed appeared to not have been changed in a very long time, if it actually had ever been changed at all.The doctor himself was dressed very casually, even though the traditional "white coat" was hanging unused in the exam room.There was no form being filled out by the doctor. Instead, he utilized the copy paper with the image of my drivers license to make his notes.He did not ask questions from a list, but from his memory. I felt as though I was on the witness stand at a trial. Any time I tried to explain my answer to his question, I was told very firmly, "yes or no only"!He seemed to only want the answers he wanted and no information that I felt might be pertinent to the history of my condition.He informed me that he wanted x-rays of my neck and back. When I informed him that I had both x-rays and MRI in my car, he insisted on new ones.He ordered x-rays for every patient preceeding me, as well. Apparently, all the medical information and documentation provided to Social Security were not enough for him. No doubt, the government pays him extra for these additional x-rays. There is certainly no regard for the patients, or the radiation we are subjected to.This man should have retired long ago. He is rude, arroganty and uncaring. Obviously, the taxpayers are paying for his trips to Las Vegas and not to get a true evaluation of those who have applied for disability.

Dr. Sherman, Santa Monica TOTAL JERK

This Doctor is a Total Jerk! Doesnt care about the patient.Doses not listen to you or cares how you are feeling.

Disgrace to the medical profession

Doctor Sherman was very rude, and grabbed my leg and pulled it up for a rating percentage for social security. I screamed in pain because of herniated disk's in my lower back. And he said " get out, your done" that was it, and then when I read his report he listed me as almost perfect. The ALJ ruling said he over exaggerated his diagnosis. This guy is a disgrace to his profession. The only bright side is knowing he will not be in Heaven. When all is said and done.

Appalled

I witnessed Dr. Sherman physically hurt a 62 year old injured worker during her employer's-arranged examination. Twice she yelped in pain, and her eyes welled with tears. Without warning he hiked her skirt on two occasions and casually touched her bare legs and upper thighs. He had her lie down on a bed, and asked her to bend her knees, not allowing her to adjust her skirt first, which is what any decent man would have a lady do. He also had her bend forward (while she was in pain) and while he was pressed behind her. I was appalled by what I saw; I've seen many of these types of exams, but never anything as hostile and degrading as this. I also fear his report will be biased, because he interrupted all her answers...I don't think he really cared about her injury at all.

i disagree great doctor

Run for your life!

This shambling reptile works for social security in a rented office in a "Mrs. Chin's Pain Clinic", a fly-by-nite operation if ever there was one. He actually hurt me during the 5 minute exam. He slammed my arthritic hip and back down on a table because it was taking longer than his alloted 5 min. because I was in such bad shape physically. DO NOT LET THIS MAN LAY A HAND ON YOU. He's far, far from a true professional and social security should be ashamed for propigating the ability of this man to legally see the elderly and vulnerable.

awful and unprofessional

Sherman has a terrible attitude, didnt not listen to my issues, and misdiagnosed my condition. Steer clear of this guy and find someone who will be attentive

No good doctor

I went to the visit with my mom as she is spanish speaking only and wanted to translate. He was VERY RUDE straight at the start, making comments as to why she did not ask for an interpreter...duh me! Then as one mentioned before he cuts you off as we try to explain the events and get this he did not even have paper to take notes. He had to ask the nurse, which took about 2 minutes, to get freaking paper. He did not measurements, merely observations and basically said my mothers injury was all fine, reported no pain and surgery was successful can go back to work without any limitations. UHHH wrong...mother unable to go back to work, in pain and will need further treatment per primary doctor. This doctor I feel was being discriminatory and made us feel stupid as if we knew nothing. Not worth your time to see him.

Agree With Others

This doctor is very rude, arrogant and (definitely) no beside manners. He will ask you a question and will cut you off as you are trying to explain in detail. His professional care might be good, but most people (including myself) will never know because most of us will not get beyond his f... first impression!! attitudes!!