Dr. Jerry Taylor Is this you?

3 Ratings • 1 Comment

Dr. Taylor Saved My Finger in 1976

Posted on January 14th, 2016

My review is from surgery Dr. Taylor performed on my right hand in 1976, so, keep in mind things have changed since then. I suffered a partial de-gloving of my right ring finger in an incident where my high school class ring got caught and nearly ripped my finger off. I went to the now closed Wayne County General Hospital where the emergency room care was such that I felt it better to go to my family doctor to get the injury addressed. My old family doctor looked at it and immediately referred me to Dr. Taylor. Dr. Taylor determined I was on the verge of losing the finger, and admitted me to the hospital. I was in for a month, and did everything he ordered to try and save the finger. I can say after two surgeries and 39 years, I still have the finger with virtually 100% functionality. If it weren't for Dr. Taylor's knowledge and skill, I would certainly have lost that finger.

Posted on October 29th, 2016