Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jerry H Jenkins has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Jenkins is the most intelligent person I have ever met. He sincerely cares about his patients and takes the time to hear them. I wish that he still had a practice because he was the only doctor that actually listened to me enough to find out my illness. He saved my life. Who ever wrote the inappropriate comment is uneducated and poorly informed. Regardless, he is the best physician that I know, and I would recommend him to any person that I know.
Dr. Jenkins has been my primary care doc since 1994, having only recently changed to covering the Emergency Room fulltime. I fully owe my health to this man, he has saved my life on several occasions and has impeccable knowledge of my special and complicated health problems. I take offense to ANYONE that would post a ridiculous and/or offensive comment about this physician. It is obvious that there is a personal vendetta toward Dr. Jenkins, according to the earlier comment. Rarely will you find a more hard-working and dedicated doctor like Dr.Jenkins. He is exceptional with all ages, pediatrics thru geriatrics. He is no longer in private practice but can be found in several ER's nearly every day. thanks.
24 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1994
John Peter Smith Hospital
Dr. Jerry H Jenkins accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJerry H Jenkins Md, 2427 Fm 3258, Lufkin, TX
Dr. Jerry H Jenkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lufkin, TX.