Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Jerry L Pruitt has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Jerry L Pruitt has the following 5 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Cancer
Jerry L Pruitt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Pruitt was genuinely concerned about my skin and overall was conservative about treatment, which I appreciated. Rather than remove a large number of moles at one time like some dermatologists, he opted to see first how my skin handled the scarring. I feel comfortable and well-protected with Dr. Pruitt as my physician.
My wife and I have used Dr. Pruitt for over 20 years and are very satisfied with his findings, professionalism and results. He basically saved her life with his initial diagnosis of Melanoma; his referral to another physician / surgeon was extremely timely and helpful. We would highly recommend Dr. Pruitt to others in the Hickory, NC region.
Dr. Pruitt has also been extremely helpful and knowledgable regarding my skin issues. I believe that he is the best dermatologist in Hickory, NC. I may have to wait a few minutes in the waiting room, but when it is my turn to see him, he is very professional and good with me. I would recommend Dr. Pruitt to any of my friends and family!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Pruitt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
University of Virginia Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.