Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jerry I Levine has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 20
While he seems to be a caring physician, he is also a rigid one. On an early visit to Dr. Levine, he informed me that if he tells you to do something, he expects you to do it. His attitude is that he, as the doctor, knows all. You, as the patient, know nothing. Your wishes and perception count for nothing. My experience with him was mostly a battle. He prescribed many tests which I did not want or think I needed -- such as a heart scan which exposes one to high radiation. I felt with many of these tests, he was simply covering his backside. Any thinking person will have trouble with this doctor. He ultimately dismissed me as a patient because I had the audacity to question some of his recommendations. His medical philosophy is My Way or the Highway. I later got another doc who respects me as a person, and it has worked out much better.
Dr. Levine is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1977
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Jerry I Levine accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMaryland Primary Care Physical At Columbia, 11055 Little Patuxent Pkwy Ste 103, Columbia, MD
Dr. Jerry I Levine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MD.