Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jerry Morewitz
Dr. Jerry Morewitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norfolk, VA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Morewitz is affiliated with Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, Sentara Leigh Hospital and Sentara Bayside Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jerry Morewitz has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Jerry Morewitz has the following 8 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Jerry Morewitz has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jerry Morewitz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Morewitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
Sentara Leigh Hospital
Sentara Bayside Hospital
Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
Sentara Obici Hospital
Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
Sentara Careplex Hospital
38 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Md Col Hampton Rds
Dr. Jerry Morewitz accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsEastern Virginia Medical School, 825 Fairfax Ave, Norfolk, VA
Dr. Jerry Morewitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.