Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jerry Razook
Dr. Jerry Razook, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oklahoma City, OK, with other offices in Oklahoma City, OK and Oklahoma City, OK . He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Razook is affiliated with OU Medical Center-Everett Tower, OU Medical Center-Presbyterian Tower and Mercy Health Center. Dr. Razook has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Jerry Razook has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Jerry Razook has the following 4 expertise
- Aortic Coarctation
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Ventricular Septal Defects
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Razook is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
OU Medical Center-Presbyterian Tower
Mercy Hospital - Oklahoma City, OK
Integris Southwest Medical Center
Integris Baptist Medical Center Okla Cit
Integris Bass Baptist Health Center
Integris Canadian Valley Regional Hospital
Mercy Health Center - Oklahoma City, OK
51 Years Experience
University of Oklahoma
Graduated in 1962
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jerry Razook, MD - Pediatric Cardiology in Oklahoma City, OK, in this video.
Dr. Jerry Razook is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.