3.6

Have you seen Dr. Jerald L Tennant?

Dr Tennant Holistic Health

I went to Dr. Tennants office when I was experiencing many gut issues. I chose his office by a friends recommendation and for his holistic, natural approach to medicine. The office visit went great, I really enjoyed talking with Dr. Tennant and he guided me toward things I could incorporate in my lifestyle to begin feeling better. I was sent home with papers saying everything I must purchase specifically for my body to heal. After researching, I purchased many of the items the office recommended, but from other brands. For example, collagen and glutamine for gut health, probiotics, a good multi vitamin, etc. Everything really started to help. I also took a blood test they requested. I was border line hypo-thyroid, and they emailed me to put me on Armor thyroid medication. I emailed back asking why I was put on medication when I specifically went to them for a natural plan. They began by explaining that if I had any questions I could set up an appointment call with one of the doctors in the office for $250. I explained that I only had a simple question, would not take more than 2 minutes of their time on the phone. But they ignored my email. I felt like I was being forced to follow their orders of taking medication or pay a hefty fee to ask a simple question about the medication. With that price I might as well make a whole new in person appointment. I am writing this review because I would have liked to have known this all upfront. I am very disappointed by their lack of service and for this reason will not be going back. I do however, think Dr. Tennant has a lot of knowledge on natural health and believe he can help guide you toward a more natural path. I hope this review helps!

Completely Unacceptable

I wish I could give this place NO stars. My experience was almost laughable. I have never experienced this level of unprofessionalism in a medical clinic to date. I tried to figure out how to write this review considering the level of things that went wrong. Best to bullet point a few of the facts. - I was advised to allow for 1-hour visit. I was there for 4 hours. I had to stay on top of the time. No one realized I was just sitting in a chair waiting outside the room for 20+ minutes. - I watched another doctor pull Dr. Hyde from his room and what should have been my appointment to help her with her patient. I waited 20 minutes before asking staff if it was acceptable to be there 2+ hours without having seen the doctor yet. They agreed it was not acceptable and retrieved him from the other female doctor's room (his fiancé). He called me in shortly after. - The doctor executed his protocols/examination and mentioned 3 very specific items that were of concern regarding my health, including telling me my thyroid did not feel right, mentioned a scope and said the word cancer. He never addressed these 3 concerns again. Apparently, I will have to follow up with another doctor to determine the validity. **In all fairness he did not leave me to believe cancer was of grave concern. - In the middle of one of his protocols the same female doctor (who I later found out was his fiancé) knocked/opened the door and told him she was going to heat up his lunch. A few minutes later his fiancé knocked/opened the door and told him his lunch was ready. That abruptly ended the medical portion of my visit. - Both Dr. Hyde and his fiancé were recommending each others services to me and gloating about how smart and good the other is at their job. They were flirting and then Dr. Hyde reached over and started tickling his fiancé around her waist. This is when I asked if they were married and discovered they were engaged. - The doctor failed to advise me properly on blood work causing me to waste a trip, have to reschedule and miss work again. - I placed a call after leaving the clinic with my complaints (more than were mentioned here). I spoke to the office manager, who downplayed the events and tried to focus on getting me answers to my questions. After 5 days of not hearing back from her, I called her back for the solution. They do not respond in a timely manner. - After more thought and confirmation from my PCP, I called to address the fact his requested blood work was not comprehensive. The manager confirmed they did not test a portion of my hormones and said he would call me with my results of what they did test when he gets them. - 7 days later I called him, he prefaced the conversation with the fact he had not received all my bloodwork, but proceeded to tell me everything was in range and his medical advise was for me to eat a ketosis diet and wear blue blocker shades in the evening. That concluded my treatment plan. Anything more would have constituted another visit at $150/hour cash. Read the cost charts very closely. He concluded my visit after telling me he hasn't even received all the bloodwork! - I found the manager to be very condescending and elusive to the issues or concerns I mentioned. In fact, she tried to flip the situation to say she was sorry she couldn't meet my "weight loss" needs, which was actually insulting considering I was not there for weight loss advise. This is just a highlight of a few of the concerns I had with with this visit. I did receive a full refund from the Tennant Institute. I do want to say Dr. Tennant was highly recommended, but I didn't see Dr. Tennant. It is my understanding he has brought these 2 new doctors on to carry on his practice(s). I received less treatment from this clinic I paid $475 cash for than I would have received by making my $30 copay from my PCP. The manager couldn't disagree with me. I also want to say that I believe in Integrative Medicine/practice, however, this type of care is what lend people to think these doctors are quacks. I do think Dr. Hyde is highly intelligent, but that serve no purpose when it is lost in his ego and unprofessional antics

Great doctor!

Truly a great doctor - I'm very satisfied.

The care was exceptional.

Retired

The Dr.ruined my eye.when I went back for help I was told he had retired due to health problems.what a crock.Now I'm stuck with one eye nearsighted and one farsighted. I'm told my eye is to thin to fix .

Ruined my health

I spent 1,240. on my first visit on an office visit and supplements, when I tried to consult with Dr. Tennant about severe adverse reactions, my appointments were cancelled by the office manager, and I was told that the office manager would be the only person I could consult with. The office looked like a tomb, with extravagant furniture. The formulations are dangerous, the doctor did not give me follow up care.

Don't Waste Your Money

You will spend a lot of money going to see this man. He has no sliding scale, he charges more than any doctor I have been to see in the Integrative, Holistic health field and I got less help. I came away from his clinic with the same problems I went with. Only through going to other people and learning has my health improved. If you are an M.D. stand behind what you say and don't hide behind some minister claim where you can hurt a patient and they can't even follow the standard legal system for filing a claim. No other real doctor does this. There are doctors out there that can and do help that charge less and offer more. Find them not this place!

Exceptional doctor beyond typical service

Dr. T. spent a lot of time with me and helped me understand, through a number of different tests, why I have suffered chronic fatigue. I have used most of his protocols that he recommended. At times when I have let my health slip due to indiscriminate diet or unwise exercise, I have recalled his recommendations, read through his rambling book that I earlier highlighted and notated, and I recovered. Before meeting him, I simply continued to struggle with health issues. I'm not yet totally "healed" but my health is GREATLY improved. He has been a key factor in solving aspects of my health puzzle. He truly cares that people learn how to heal themselves. He is honest, hard working, knowledgeable, giving, supportive, uses high quality products, networks with other cutting edge physicians, and has gone beyond my expectations. His staff has been more helpful in recent years than when his business initially began. --A great group of personable, knowledgeable folks! I recommend him but suggest you be an active, diligent participant in your recovery and do your reading and homework!

You are asked to sign your legal rights away before he will see you. I never heard of any doctor with 20 pages or more of legal forms you must sign before he will see. Yes, at least that many! If you have a problem with his treatment you are only eligible to arbitration - that is it!!!!!!!!!I think he is better at diagnosing a problem than prescribing a treatment to correct your issue or issues. I left without knowing where to turn to find solutions to my problems.Dr. Tennant is very detached from his patients, too reserved. I wish I could recommend this doctor but I can't. He and his staff need much more experience.

Dr. Jerald L Tennant is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Colleyville, TX.

Dr. Jerald L Tennant Is this you?