Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
195 Maple Ave
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
Book Online Now
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Jesse F Amos - Posted on July 1st, 2013
He will discuss your concerns, if you are worried about one of your health problems. He does lab work, as necessary; he is the FIRST doctor who knew of a prescription for Low Blood Pressure. All my life, doctors have told me I have low blood pressure, but did nothing to help me. Now, I don't have bp problems, unless I slack on my meds.
Concerned family member
Self-verified patient of Jesse F Amos - Posted on June 16th, 2013
Be concerned about this doctor prescribing mental health drugs. He has been prescribing my mom with antidepressants for nearly 20 years, unmonitored. He also has prescribed my sister with 4 antidepressants and three blood pressure medicines, all taken on a daily basis. As a family member, this is very distressing. The fact is, he is an internal medicine doctor, not a mental health doctor. And while it may make sense to prescribe a person an antidepressant for a couple months, it is beyond his scope of practice to be prescribing these drugs on a longterm basis and without the patient being monitored by a mental health professional. Proceed with caution.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Jesse F Amos Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Jesse F Amos's office for more information.
195 Maple Ave Rocky Mount, VA 24151
Locations & DirectionsCarilion Clinic Family Medicine-Rocky Mount, 195 Maple Ave, Rocky Mount, VA
Take a minute to learn about Jesse F Amos in Rocky Mount, VA, in this video.
Jesse F Amos is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rocky Mount, VA.