Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jesse L Stem has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Wounds and Injuries
- Herniated Disc
- Back Injuries
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
He and Kamal did my spinal fusion 4 years ago and it was the best decision I had made! I was in the hospital for 10 days and there was never a day he didn't come see me or call to see how I was! Listened to my complaints, answered all questions, always there when I needed him! I recommended him to several who have seen him and been very pleased
Dr. Stem seem to have lost his touch when it comes to dealing with difficult decisions of helping his patients when income changes and insurance is not the same. Seems to be more concerned about money instead of healing. Of course he is not to work for free. But he and his office should not treat you as if you are not worthy of his services. He is after all just a man not God. Kamal his PA show more empathy and understanding then Stem I truly am disappointed because I have been a patient for some time and have referred several people to him. However, that will never happen again.
Dr Stem has been my life line! He has operated on me twice and just recently on my stepfather. He is one of the most caring, kind doctors I have ever seen. He takes time to understand your symptoms, issues and concerns. If you are looking for a dr, give him a try! (His assistant Kamal is fabulous too! )
Very accurate with his diagnoses. Takes his time learning everything he can about your personal situation. Exhausts all means of having to do surgery, using surgery as a last resort. Very good, one on one patient manners. Very knowledgeable. Explains in detail whatever was asked by myself. Showed me my personal Lumbar issue on diagrams during patient visits. Completed my surgery. Very productive for me and bettered my quality of life for me and my family. Recommend him to anyone.
23 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Atlanta Va Medical Center
Dr. Jesse L Stem accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Orthopaedic Center Of Central Virginia, 2405 Atherholt Rd, Lynchburg, VA
Dr. Jesse L Stem is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lynchburg, VA.