Dr. Jessica Lee Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jessica Lee?

Past patient-horrible memories

Posted on January 15th, 2017

Hi everyone! This is a warning for anyone who wants a natural and drug free birth. THIS doctor is a C-Section doctor. Back in 2010 I was due with my first child, and had researched natural births. I didn't know how to do any of this, and was completely unprepared. My family doctor recommended a well known OB/Gyn at Tomball Women's Center, and she handed me off to Dr. Lee. If this is not the same Doctor Jessica Lee, OB/Gyn, I am sorry to leave a bad review. I should have left reviews on her years ago, and didn't realize how important it could be to other expecting women. I wasn't informed by Doctor Lee that she prefers C-Sections, and we had discussed our idea of a birth plan, no drugs, with her. But when the date got closer, she started acting as if something was wrong with my daughter. I was sent into the hospital without explanation. A nurse met me there and asked why I looked scared and upset. She told me that my stats looked great and that I was there for fetal heart monitoring for five hours. I got to the hospital scared out of my mind. The nurse assured me that everything was fine. The doctor insisted that we schedule to be induced the next week. Five days before my due date. I gave in because I WANTED to be done with this doctor. I didn't know all of my rights as a young woman. They don't teach you this kind of stuff in school, and if your parents don't teach it, or don't know it, you don't learn it. Needless to say, it didn't go well. The nurse that met me for my heart monitoring came in the next morning an volunteered as my nurse. We had enjoyed a nice long chat since I was one of one or two people in her wing. She was surprised that I had not been told about birth centers and that I didn't check to see if our insurance covered midwifes. I told her I didn't even know where to start when we found out originally, and I had NO guidance. Dr. Lee would come in and seem disappointed that I was not progressing fast. First births sometimes DON'T. They can last a long, long time. I knew that from my research. She pushed me for painkillers when my contractions finally started. I refused. She repetitively tried to talk me into an epidural (with a family history of back problems, that was NOT an option). And then, when my water hadn't broken and my dilation wasn't to her liking, she tried to convince me that I needed magnesium sulfate. My nurse had explained what it's common use was, what it is normally used for... and they didn't add up at all. Magnesium sulfate is a common drug used for treating preterm labor. It is not typically used on someone in labor that has been induced. Anyway, I refused it because I was confident that it wasn't necessary. The nurses warned me that I was developing white coat syndrome. Dr. Lee made me feel uncomfortable. She made me feel like prey, and it was obvious that she really wanted to get me onto an operating table. Which made me even more nervous. If it weren't for my nurse's experience at a birthing center; my own research on stretching my body, using gravity to benefit my labor, etc.; I would have wound up with a c-section that I did not want. I will never fully understand why a doctor that is not comfortably with natural birth would willingly continue with a couple that does not want drugs or surgery. But this is your warning. According to several shocked nurses that were NOT with me during the labor and birthing, I was an amazing young woman for having a natural birth with Dr. Lee. And apparently, I wasn't just a natural, drug free birth. I was Dr. Lee's first one, or at least the first one she had at Tomball Hospital.

The worst Doctor

Posted on January 18th, 2016

Do not go there! I saw dr. And the beginning of my pregnancy. We suffered a loss at 15weeks a year ago so this pregnancy supposed to be considered high risk. She completely ignored that. I ended up having missed miscarriage at 8 weeks(day before we saw a heartbeat) after all the doctor was really insensitive about it and send me to waiting room to wait for my husband! The nurse literally open the door for me and told me leave! My foot will never step in that place again!

Posted on November 19th, 2015

I absolutely love Doctor. Lee! I trust her and can open up to her, and will be making the hour and a half trip just to come see her!

Bad Service. Do Not Go Here

Posted on June 23rd, 2015

I started seeing Dr. Lee from the very beginning of my pregnancy all the way through delivery. As some of the other women stated, she seems very insensitive to your concerns. I could never get a straight forward answer from her & I always felt rushed & like she didn't genuinely care about my concerns. There were even a couple of requests that she completely ignored. They make you pay everything by the time you deliver so if your on a tight budget do not go here. All of the staff, except for Sarah, are rude and could care less about helping you. The phlabodomist is HORRIBLE! She not only missed my vein she was very rude & unprofessional!!! Dr. Lee is hard to contact directly, the staff makes you speak to her nurse. (Which is very kind by the way) Overall I have not been pleased with Dr. Lee or her staff and would not recommend going there.

likable and sweet

Posted on April 20th, 2015

She is wonderful doesn't push you on your decisions just suggestions and recommendations, I like her for she is patient with you and if you have quest ...

Posted on December 29th, 2014

Dr. Lee has a very calm demeanor and a pretty good bedside manner.

Posted on October 5th, 2014

Dr. Lee was honestly the WORST doctor I have ever had by far. I was seen by her once for my second pregnancy at 5 weeks along, at 6 weeks I started bleeding, called the office and they told me to go to the er because it seemed like I was having a miscarriage, the whole time I was going through this I did not even get a phone call back from Dr. Lee. Her nurse informed me after I called 20X that they saw my levels were a little low when they saw me a week before (they never let me know this) and thought that I may miscarry. After I got out of the er I had some concerns and needed to speak to my doctor, not just a nurse, I called all day and night begging to talk to my doctor and her staff told me they were leaving my messages as urgent and she marked them as not urgent (I think losing my baby was an urgent message!) And I never got a phone call back from her. EVER. I went to another doctor which did a d&c for me and took over my care. Come to find out the bleeding wasn't a miscarriage, it was an ectopic pregnancy, that's why my levels were low when I came in for my first visit, which she should've known that's the first sign of ectopic pregnancypregnancy, which can be life threatening if it's left unnoticed or untreated! Luckily the baby didn't form enough to be able to see it on ultrasound. I would NOT reccomend Dr. Lee at all. Choose another doctor. I wish I would've known she was going to be the way she was with me.

Posted on February 28th, 2014

Dr. Lee is a very compassionate doctor. I had to have a biopsy done which for me was a tramatic experience. When she had finished, she gave me a hug. That for me meant the world. I can tell her any concerns or questions and don't feel judged. She is professional and experienced. I wish my insurance didn't change so I could continue to see her.

Great Doctor horrible staff

Posted on September 21st, 2013

I just started seeing dr lee she seems pretty nice and has addressed all my concerns so far. However, the ultrasound tech is no help all she says is ask the doctor, she does not tell you what she is looking at and gives the worse pictures where you can not tell anything , if you leave a message for the nurse the office calls you back after 3 or 4 days which can be frustrating and at last the office tries to over charge you if you are not aware of what your insurance covers or not they will rip you off.

Fantastic doctor!

Posted on August 29th, 2012

I am 57 and have been going to OBGYN for alot of years Dr. Lee is the best doctor so far. Makes you feel so at ease, more like a friend than a doctor. Listens to you very patiently and cares about your problems! Her office staff is very friendly and helpful. She changed locations a few years ago and is a little farther for me to go, but I like the staff alot better and it is worth the drive.

Great DR!

Posted on May 18th, 2012

I moved with Dr Lee from one practice to her newer one. I recommend her to everyone I know. She is very polite and answers any question I have had. The only complaint I have is the nurse. She was very polite, however I have left her three messages in a two day span and never received a return call. (which isn't comforting since I was returning her call to begin with). I will def continue to see Dr Lee, I just wish I could get a return call from a nurse :/

Best Doctor in the Business!!

Posted on February 20th, 2012

I absolutely love Dr. Lee!! It is not very fun to have this type of appointment, but Dr. Lee makes me feel so at ease. She is not only a fantastic doctor that I trust, but she is also a wonderful friend who truly cares. I hope she is in the business a long time! I love her!!!