Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jessica K Smith has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Jessica K Smith has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Jessica K Smith has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
I had a bilateral inguinal hernia repaired by Dr. Smith and I cannot say enough about the experience. It was my first surgery ever and I interviewed many surgeons before my surgery (especially after reading the horror stories online). After meeting her I scheduled an appointment for a laparoscopic bilateral hernia repair. I read about the pain and how horrible things were after the surgery and I can tell you the worst thing about my recovery was the anesthesia. I was in at 8:00 and in my door at 2:00 in the afternoon. The rest of the night I slept and got up to go to the bathroom on and off. I took my meds and felt very little pain just tightness. The next day I was up and walking around fine with little pain. The third day I was off the pain meds and on ibuprofen only. Each day was better, mostly because I followed her instruction. I was back to work a week later. Now, I am 4 weeks out and can do everything I could do before, but with no hernia! I have no pain, but there is still a little soreness for the healing. I would recommend Dr. Smith to anyone who is dealing with a hernia and wants the laparoscopic procedure. I know there are a lot of negative reviews when it comes to inguinal hernias and I think the key is to find the right surgeon.
15 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Jessica K Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Iowa Hospitals And Clinics, 200 Hawkins Dr, Iowa City, IA
Dr. Jessica K Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Iowa City, IA.