Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jessica Small MD
Dr. Jessica Small, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cambridge, MA. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Jessica Small has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Jessica Small has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Jessica Small is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Takes time with patients
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jessica Small - Posted on January 14th, 2019
Bad doctor - judgmental
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jessica Small - Posted on December 25th, 2018
Doesn't "get" mental health
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jessica Small - Posted on June 14th, 2018
Dr. Small was my primary care physician for one year. I called her office twice for help with some psychiatric issues I was facing and it took her a full month to get back to me. I received a blunt email (she couldn't have taken the 5 minutes to give a call?) a month later with almost no helpful information. I was extremely disappointed in her behavior.
Stay Away From Jessica Small
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jessica Small - Posted on February 10th, 2016
Dr. Jessica Small is the worst Internal Health doctor I have even met with. I have been dealing with depression, and told her about some issues I was having with my daughters mom, and she replies, "everyone hate their baby daddy the first year." I am a Technical Operations Manager and have working in research in and around Cambridge for the last 7 years. The only reason she felt the need to say this to me is because I am a black male. To think that I made this racially insensitive woman my PCP is beyond me. She then had the nerve to deny the fact that I was having symptoms of depression.. Worst ever The doctors at Harvard Vanguard in general are terrible. STAY AWAY!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jessica Small - Posted on January 11th, 2016
I have been most disappointed by this physician, showing a lack of more thoughtful analysis. Not sure why, but her lack of thoughtful approach and disregard for the voice of the patent, seems to border on something that may require review by the medical board. This is be explored further, but wanted to offer my concerns, amidst these "nice" reviews as well.
20 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1999
Hallmark Health System
Dr. Jessica Small Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsATRIUS HEALTH CAMBRIDGE HARVARD VANGUARD, 1611 Cambridge St, Cambridge, MA
Dr. Jessica Small is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cambridge, MA.