3.1

Have you seen Dr. Jessica Small?

Takes time with patients

Appreciate that Dr. Small takes time to speak with me and listen to my concerns during appointments. I've never felt rushed and she's always provided good care.

Bad doctor - judgmental

Jessica Small has to be one of the worst doctors ever. Don't go to her. Stay away.

Doesn't "get" mental health

Dr. Small was my primary care physician for one year. I called her office twice for help with some psychiatric issues I was facing and it took her a full month to get back to me. I received a blunt email (she couldn't have taken the 5 minutes to give a call?) a month later with almost no helpful information. I was extremely disappointed in her behavior.

Stay Away From Jessica Small

Dr. Jessica Small is the worst Internal Health doctor I have even met with. I have been dealing with depression, and told her about some issues I was having with my daughters mom, and she replies, "everyone hate their baby daddy the first year." I am a Technical Operations Manager and have working in research in and around Cambridge for the last 7 years. The only reason she felt the need to say this to me is because I am a black male. To think that I made this racially insensitive woman my PCP is beyond me. She then had the nerve to deny the fact that I was having symptoms of depression.. Worst ever The doctors at Harvard Vanguard in general are terrible. STAY AWAY!!!

Possible negligence

I have been most disappointed by this physician, showing a lack of more thoughtful analysis. Not sure why, but her lack of thoughtful approach and disregard for the voice of the patent, seems to border on something that may require review by the medical board. This is be explored further, but wanted to offer my concerns, amidst these "nice" reviews as well.

Great Dr

Sad to see the negative comments but Dr. Small is an amazing Dr. I trust her with my life and my health. Very attentive and personable. I highly recommend seeing her if you need a Dr.

She is a wonderful doctor and explains things i depth about my conditions. Her personality and her knowledge is remarkable. Thanks Dr. Small!

Worst

My son went to see Jessica Small, m.d. for an extremely bad cough and cold. She told him he "wasn't that sick" and didn't "have the flu or pneumonia" and refused to prescribe antibiotics, without having an ex-ray taken or any kind of diagnostic testing at all. She told him to come back the next week if he didn't feel better. He did go back in 3 days, but it was too late. He died 7 days later. A broken-hearted mother who hopes this never happens to anyone else.

Great Dr

I have nothing but excellent service from Dr. Small

Came to our rescue today!

My 5-year old daughter has been sick & running a fever for 3 days now. I had assumed it was just a virus and it would pass. Today it was still not gone, so I took her to our usual clinic but, because it was a weekend, our regular doctor was not in and Dr. Small was covering. We did not have an appointment, but Dr. Small stayed late to see us, and boy, I am glad she did. We only ended up waiting 15 minutes (as a walk-in) and, as it tuned out, my daughter has pneumonia and needs antibiotics. Dr. Small was very gentle and reassuring, and I would definitely recommend her.

I have been seeing Dr. Small for just over 2 years. She spends the time needed to discuss my concerns. Her recommendations have been very helpful and for the first time in many years I feel confidant about seeing doctors due to her approach

Worst doctor

We had a tragic experience because our son saw her, instead of his regular doctor.

Dr. Jessica Small is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cambridge, MA.